Help with identifing Japanese WWll sword

I am desperatly seeking help. I have been researching this sword for few months now with no luck. I have had some responses from other people but of course they are each different. So I am more confused now than when I first started. I even tried to learn some Japanese to try and figure out the signiture...and there are only 2...LOL.

Anyway, I am here hoping that someone out there can help me with this sword wether it is fake or real, and if real than what is it?

I will post pics below, and what I have heard so far is it is a Gun-to sword (which tells the ignorant person (me) nothing)...I have been told it is "kunishige" or "shigekuni"..."shinsaku-to"...

I would appreciate any information anyone may have! And I must say I admire all of you on your knowledge in this subject.

Thank you!

Lisamarie

AttachmentSize
blade_tip.png242.2 KB
blade.png244.37 KB
dimentions.png271.56 KB
signiture.png606.14 KB
tang.png280.65 KB
tang1.png414.98 KB
swordparts2.jpg32.16 KB
sword8.jpg32.99 KB
sword9.jpg17.96 KB

Kunishige 國重

Hi Lisamarie,

This is a real WWII sword (gun-to), signed Kunishige 國重 (swordsmith's name). You didn't post any pictures of the blade surface, but judging by the nakago (tang) the quality of the sword isn't great (in the context of Nihonto art swords). I don't know much about gunto, but there's plenty of information in the internet. If you look here, you'll be able to identify the type of your gunto and its historical context.

Regards,
Stan

Army Guntou

It appears to be a fairly standard Army-style gunto.
Was likely made in the 1941 to 1945 period.
Pete