Questionalbe tanto

I've had this tanto for several years and continue to wonder about it. The omote is signed: "Uchi Mono Ume Tada Hiko Ichi", with a horimono of a tiger in the bamboo. On the Ura side it is simply signed, "Tada Hiro," with a carving of bamboo. Unusual format. The Tadahiro kanji doesn't match any specimen signatures that I have access to but there was a long line of this group & I have no idea if this is truly a genuine Mei of a lesser member or if it is simply gemei but on an uncommon side of the nakago? The reference to Hikoichi is also troubling since I can find "no examples" of his signature, an as a student of Umetada he might be expected to make carvings for the Hizen group, if in fact this is his work. I understand his work is very rare and on this piece it seems to take more prominence as a carver over Tadahiro as a sword-smith. I'll try to add several scans for your viewing. Any opinions would be interesting.

Questionable Tanto

Sorry everyone, I tried to add some scanned images from my desk top, several times, and went down the "How to attach images & files to your posts, but, alas, no luck. I do consider myself a professional Computer idot & don't understand most of the available formats, perhaps somewhere in the system there are some duplicte images but I can't begin to tell you where. I'll try to get my son to come up & see if he can straighten me out. Again, sorry.

Hi Danny, Please click

Hi Danny,

Please click 'Upload New Images' above your post and follow instructions. Alternatively, click 'Edit' and attach your photos to the post.

Regards,
Stan