Help with Mei translation

Hi, I am new to this forum and collecting and would appreciate help with translating the Kanji insciptions on the tangs of a recently purcahed Wakizashi & Katana.
The first two pictures are of the Wakizashi and the next 3 of the Katana. Please note I had to photograph the signature in two parts for one side of the Katana tang.
Thank you for your help.

Sukesada

The Wakizashi signature is "Osafune juunin Sukesada". Don't know what the other side says (without my wife's help).
Be aware that Sukesada is a name that is fairly commonly gimei (false signature). But that doesn't mean it's not a nice blade...

The katana signature starts with "Bizen Kuni juu...". The next kanji might be Naga(?). Try to take a picture that shows the 2nd half of the signature better - try lighting it from different angles.
The other side of the tang is a date - possibly Taiei, which is about 1521.

Pete

Many thanks for such a swift

Many thanks for such a swift reply.
Im told the other inscription on the Wakizashi is a cutting test. Both were purchaed through a reputable dealer so hopefully it is genuine.
I will post some other shots when i can. Thank you again and kind regards.

Andreas,I can't really add

Andreas,

I can't really add anything to Pete's comment.

Wakizashi

Omote side

長船住人祐定
osafune junin sukesada

Ura side

□□□重代□
... jūdai ...

(I think)

Jūdai means 'for future generations'. These characters are usually used in signatures to say that this sword was made for such and such person or family [and for future generations of this family], as far as I know. Three characters before 重代 is probably a family name.

Katana

Omote

備前國住...
bizen kuni ju ...

Ura

It's a date.

...年二月日
a day in February of ...

Even though your photos have very high resolution, I can't read the rest of the characters.

Andreas,I looked at the new

Andreas,

I looked at the new pictures you posted here.

I can see □□釼重代□ on the ura side of the Sukesada sword. By the way, I don't know if you saw it, but there was a discussion around this signature on NMB: http://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5628&view=next

Just as a side observation, mekugi hole for this sword looks reasonably fresh (i.e. 150 years vs. 500 years), as well as the signature itself. It can be interpreted as a sign for gimei...

As for the other sword, sorry I still can't read it. The signature wasn't cut very deep and I can only see horizontal strokes clearly under this light. The date seems to be starting from 天 (天...年二月日) but the second symbol is unclear.

I don't think I can help you with that one.

Regards,
Stan

Thank you

Hi Stan, thank you for your advice. The link sure does look like the Wakizashi, disappointing if it is faked but what can you do.