Help with ID please

When I was young, my parents bought me a Samurai Sword off ebay. I was honored they thought I was responsible enough. When I received the sword (quiet a few years ago, for a birthday I believe), it wasn't in the greatest of conditions. I cleaned it up as best I could. As I've gotten older, I've become more and more interested in where the sword came from. I have looked around a bit and couldn't find anything. I eventually came across this forum and browsed for hours looking for something similar. To my dismay, I still have not found anything like it. Which therefore leads me to believe it is either a fake or of no significance. Hence why I'm posting this. If it isn't too much trouble, I was wondering if someone could help me identify this sword. It is for my own benefit and even if it is of no significance, I will be passing it down to my children.

I'm sorry in advance if I'm wasting your time.

Attached are some small pictures and if you want some larger more detailed ones, please click the links below.

Thank-you for your time

Josh M

Hi Josh, I'm sorry to

Hi Josh,

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it's a fake.

I'm away on holidays at the moment and can't write more. I'll be back in 3 days.

Regards,
Stan

fake

Hi Josh,
I agree with Stan, it's not a Japanese-made sword. It was probably made in China, India, or Thailand.
The "signature" appears to be "NI SEN MAN ??" (can't identify the 4th character, may be Chinese??), which means "20,000,000 ??" (that is, the NI SEN MAN is the number twenty million).
The blade appears to be made of a very crude 'Damascus' steel.

Pete

Thank-you

I thought this might have been the case.

Thank-you for your time

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year =)

Fake swords

Hi Josh,

You may find this article useful.

Regards,
Stan

chinese copy

Yes the sword is a Chinese copy. These started hitting the market through E bay about 10 years ago. When the Chinese try to sign in Japanese they always make charchter errors as is the case with this, not to mention Japanese never made Damascus blades. This is what we call a fantasy piece. It is still a sword though and it is the thought that counts :-)