Help researching WW2 sword

I inherited a sword that was brought back from WW2 by my wife’s grandfather.
It is not in great condition but I have not been able to decipher its origin.
I will attach pictures. There are 5 Japanese characters plus a small symbol on the tang. On one side of the blade is an engraved dragon chasing a flaming jewel. The detail is good. On the other side there is a symbol I have not seen anywhere in my research so far. Any help would be appreciated. This is a katana.

First symbol may be Kawachi province?

The first symbol looks like it might be a reference to Kawachi province.

Confused

Just discovered that the same symbol in Chinese means Hanoi. My father-in-law was in Vietnam War. Could this be a Vietnamese sword? Did the Vietnamese make swords like this? I’m confused

Shōwa Kawachi Yoshida Kanekado with Horimono

from Markus book:
KANEKADO (兼門), Shōwa (昭和, 1926-1989), Gifu – “Kanekado” (兼門), real name Yoshida Tokuichi (吉田徳一), born March 29th 1906, he worked as a guntō smith and died September 6th 1969, student of Kurihara Kaneaki (栗原兼明), ryōkō no jōi (Akihide), Fifth Seat at the 6th Shinsaku Nihontō Denrankai (新作日本刀展覧会, 1941)

This is what my research has yielded so far.

So I have an army Showato Gunto sword made in Kawachi province near Osaka by Smith Yoshida ‘Kanekado’ (Tokuichi) who was a student of Kurihara Kaneaki. The blade has Horimono dragron chasing flaming jewel on one side and unknown symbol on other side. Horimono on this type of blade is rare possibly indicating it was made for an important officer. The Tsuba does not have a locking mechanism.

Does that sound correct so far?