Sue-Tegai (末手掻),

I bought a sword from Japan with characteristics presented below:
Very antique sword of more than 590 years old, which was smithed by Sue-Tegai (末手掻), one of major swordsmith school, as attested by NBTHK "Kantei-sho" certificate.
Mei signature: Mumei, i.e. no signature, however, NBTHK attests in its "Kantei-sho" certificate that this sword was smithed by Sue-Tagai (末手掻). 
● Jidai date: around Oei era (応永, 1394-1427)  
● NBTHK "Kantei-sho" certificate: Status is Hozon (保存, i.e. to be preserved).  Dated June 1, 2016, and numbered 3012349.

I received a copy of sword registration issued by Tochigi Prefecture Board of Education (The seller told me that the original shall be returned to the local authority))

I don't know if it is real and I'll appreciate if somebody can estimate the real value.
Please see the pictures.
Thanks.

AttachmentSize
img_0080.jpg1.72 MB
img_0081.jpg1.88 MB

kanteisho

Hi,
"I don't know if it is real and I'll appreciate if somebody can estimate the real value."
Not sure I understand your question. Are asking if the blade is real, or if the kanteisho is real?
The kanteisho has a clear picture of the nakago, which must match the blade.
Also, it gives the nagasa (length) of 1 shaku 7 sun 8 bu, which is 21.2 inches or 53.9 cm.
Also, it's true that the kanteisho attributes the blade to "sue-tegai".

Very difficult to estimate the "value", especially because you didn't show any pictures of the blade... If you bought it from a well-known dealer in Japan, then the price you paid is probably somewhat more than the "real value" (because the dealer made a profit).

Pete

Hi Pete,I'm asking that the

Hi Pete,

I'm asking that the kanteisho is real or could be a fake. The picture from kanteisho is identical with the nakago.
The length is 53,8 cm and the blade is in very good conditions. Please see the pictures.
I paid 910USD at an auction for it and I want to buy more swords from that seller.
Thanks

Bogdan