Blade shape

Hi, Just wondering if anyone is willing to make a guess at an age on this sword based on the shape? It's an odd size, 32" overall, blade is 25", tang is 7", width at the base of the blade is 1 1/8th". Very poor condition as you can see so features of the blade are all but impossible to make out, tang very badly rusted. Any and all opinions welcome. Thanks.

Blade shape

Really need better pictures, but from what I can see I believe this blade is from the Shinto period.

More photos

Had a bit of trouble uploading the first photo, but hopefully these will go smoother. Details of the tang and point and another view of the whole blade.
edit: Not going any better this time!
edit: Got it.

Blade shape

There are really some serious rust issues on the kissaki and the first few inches of the blade. I don't know if that can be repaired or if it's even worth trying to do so. I still believe it's from the Shinto era.

Rust

Yeah, it's beyond saving in terms of an artwork. There is an area about three inches up from the tang where the rust has eaten too far in to be polished out. Saying that a Rembrandt with felt-tip pen in the corner might not be worth much but it would still be a nice picture! Would you hazard a guess at a specific shinto era? The shape is really very straight, I measured the sori as being 1cm. And the length is very short for a typical katana.

Blade shape

From the very shallow sori I would venture a guess an say Kanbun era, circa 1661.

Blade shape

Thanks for your input, I was leaning towards kanbun myself. The length isn't typical, but maybe it was made for someone short. Shame it was left to rust so badly, but then if it hadn't been I wouldn't have been able to buy it.