Gunto restoration and signature help

Hello all, I recently bought a Type 3 army Gunto in pretty rough shape which I'm going to try to restore. Before I do anything to the sword, I want to see what I have. I am assuming it is a basic machine made mass produced sword, but I'd like to know more. Can anyone help me read the signature? I tried to take pictures quickly but the signature was really hard to see, so I photoshopped the dickens out of it. Hopefully you can read it. The Tang is signed on both sides.

The tsuka is pretty much non existent. Only the wood is left but is split and cracked. Mind you, all the pieces are there so I'll likely keep it and glue it back together. I have bought new Menukis and silk wrap, however I can't tell from pictures of type 3's if the tsuka had ray skin. Anyone out there know? I'm going to give it a battle wrap but can't find out how to do it. Found plenty of info on regular wrapping techniques but it seems to me that the fact that a battle wrap does not criss cross in the middle poses a challenge.

Next, the Fuchi and Kojiri have a cherry blossom, but they are painted. The leaves are green and the blossom red. Is this standard or has someone painted them later? They don't look painted in all the pics i've seen.

Finally, the blade is clean except for some normal scratches, however a previous owner has sharpened it and basically butchered the Ha. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to smooth that out? I know many people say not to touch the blade but unless I am mistaken, this is not a valuable blade and is already ruined.

Any advice would be appreciated.

AttachmentSize
_mg_8175.jpg361.37 KB
_mg_8177.jpg280.96 KB

gunto

The signature is something-Nori; on the back side is a date (May 1944).
Look carefully for a Showa or Seki stamp.

Ray skin: Most all gunto had ray skin, if the tsuka is made of wood. But there are different levels of quality of the ray skin.

"Battle wrap": I just googled it, and found a site with step-by-step pictures and text...

Fuchi/Kashira/Kojiri paint: Lower-grade WWII fittings may have painted features.

Pete