Please, help me to read this Mei signature

Hi everyone,

My father gives me this wakizashi as a gift, and i need help to read this signature.

I searh in database and not find :(

Someone can help me?

Regards

Raquel Winter

AttachmentSize
mei.jpg195.01 KB
mei2.jpg157.01 KB
mei3.jpg203.84 KB
mei4.jpg128.07 KB
wakizashi.jpg152.96 KB
wakizashi2.jpg150.52 KB
wakizashi3.jpg157.2 KB
wakizashi4.jpg157.9 KB
wakizashi5.jpg143.38 KB

Hi, Your sword is

Hi, Your sword is "O-SURIAGE", meaning that it has been shortened by cutting off part of the NAKAGO (tang). The part that remains is just the province name (I think it is Bishuu, although the "BI" kanji is a little unusual, so I might be wrong).

Pete

Thanks Pete

Thanks Pete,

Yes, the nakago has been shortened.

Can be identify the Swordsmith or School with this only Kanji?

The nakago have 3 mekugi-ana and the blade is very rust. Came for me with a old tsuka and can be fix the blade on the first mekugi-ana. I will post photos with blade and tsuka.

This Wakizashi is too big for the patterns.

Have 65,5cm Full Size, Nagasa 52cm, Nakago 13,5cm and Sori 2cm.

How do i get a document from NBTHK?

Thanks again,

Raquel Winter

needs polish

To get a "KANTEISHOu" (papers from NBTHK or NTHK, etc.) it will have to be polished. It is very expensive (please do NOT use an amateur 'polisher'!). But there is no guarantee that it would get papers, so it might be a waste of money.
So, your first step should be to find an experienced collector to look at your blade in person, and see what they can tell you. Maybe he/she would say "Yes, this is worth polishing" (or not). Some of this can be done from High Quality photos, but it is much better for someone to hold it while studying it...

Pete