New to forum looking for help with translation

Hi, I'm new here and hoping to find someone who can translate the inscription on this blade. I just got it and this is a whole new world to me. I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time reading through the topics on this forum, trying to lean what I can! I'll post photos of the entire sword as soon as I can get a chance to take some good photos. So for now, here's a photo of the inscription, and thanks for any help!

AttachmentSize
007.jpg823.76 KB

Hi Emil, And welcome to

Hi Emil,

And welcome to Nihonto Club!

I hate to say that but it doesn't look like a genuine Japanese sword. Firstly, it can be seen from appearance of the tang, and secondly, the first 4 characters read 大仁田厚 which is the name of Onita Atsushi, modern-days Japanese wrestler. If you add a photo or two of the blade surface we'll be able to tell whether this assumption is correct or not.

Regards,
Stan

Thanks Stan, here's more photos

I uploaded two close ups of the blade...it's hard to get a good photo showing the surface so I hope these are good enough but I can try again if not. If you think a better photo of the tang will help or photos of anything else, just let me know. I appreciate any help I can get...good or bad.
Emil

Hi Emil, Yes, unfortunately,

Hi Emil,

Yes, unfortunately, it's a modern Chinese fake, not a genuine Japanese sword.

You should look here for more details how to distinguish fake from real things.

Regards,
Stan

Thanks for the info...

Glad I found this forum.. I'll be back.Thanks Stan.
Emil

Mei on tang

Hi Emil
I to have a nihonto that has the same four characters that translate as "atsushi onita". I would be interested in a pic of the characters stamped on the tang and tsuba to compare.

Regards selwyn