Hello fellow collectors I

Hello fellow collectors please close this post thank you Peter ;-)

Tadayuki ?

The name is Tadayuki, I think. The "yuki" is clear; I'm less certain about the "Tada".
The date is February 1944.
A very typical late-war "gunto". Note the minimal choppy signature, and the numbers painted on the tang (assembly numbers), and some sort of stamp on the tang.
Can't see details of the blade in your pictures, but I wouldn't expect it to be special.

Pete

thank you hereare some better images

Thank you for the reply and taking the time to reply tomy post here are better images of the tang. Thank you again for your help.

Kore Saku Seki

I am reading Kore Saku? Seki??

no

The signature side (2 chars) just says something-Yuki (probably Tadayuki - the upper half of the Tada has been simplified from 4 strokes down to 1).

The date side says SHOuWA 19 NEN 2 GATSU (Feb. 1944).

The little stamp looks like it might be a "Showa stamp", which is normally shaped like a cherry blossom with the SHOu character inside it. In this case, I think it was carelessly stamped, so only part of it is there.

Pete

correct

Thank you very much forthe information . My translation was incorrect LOl :-)

saipan59 wrote:

The signature side (2 chars) just says something-Yuki (probably Tadayuki - the upper half of the Tada has been simplified from 4 strokes down to 1).

The date side says SHOuWA 19 NEN 2 GATSU (Feb. 1944).

The little stamp looks like it might be a "Showa stamp", which is normally shaped like a cherry blossom with the SHOu character inside it. In this case, I think it was carelessly stamped, so only part of it is there.

Pete