Sword Arts in Dublin (Kendo, Iaido)

This topic is for those who would like to commence/continue their Kendo or Iaido training in Dublin. It is also for people who are interested in Samurai sword martial arts but aren't sure which one would suit them better.

There are 2 clubs in Dublin which I would recommend.

• Dublin Kendo Club (a part of Irish Kendo Federation) offers Kendo and Iaido classes which are held in St Davids Christian Boys School in Artane on Mondays from 20:30 to 22:00, on Wednesdays from 20:30 to 22:00 and Sundays from 12:00 to 14:00 (for most recent schedule please check the website).

• Iaido Association of Ireland (former Dublin Iaikai) is currently based in the Martial Arts Academy on Magennis Place off Pearse St. Check the website for details.

Feel free to ask questions or recommend other clubs you know.

Hi, Do they practise koryu

Hi,
Do they practise koryu in Dublin Kendo Club?
Regards,
Dawid

Dawid, As far as I know they

Dawid,

As far as I know they practice Seitei.

Stan

It is a pity. At the moment

It is a pity. At the moment I practice Koryu but maybe in futer I will star wit seitei as well.

I heard about one more Kenjutsu shool called Bujinkan Dojo. They practice kenjutsu but it is only part of training.

Dawid

Hi All

There are actually three clubs in Dublin. The newest one is Muyukan Kendo Club lead by the previous Training Director from Dublin Kendo and they also practice Iaido (ZNKR version or Seitei Gata).

Ben