LATE KOTO SWORD

DOES ANYONE HAVE INFO ON A LATE KOTO SWORD - 2 CHAR. SIG. : KANETANE - N.B.T.H.K IS HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY WORD AS THEY TELL ME NO INFO - BRAD

Kanetane

Hi Brad,

If you post the photos of your sword (and signature) I'll try to match it with other works of Kanetane.

You may just edit your original post and attach images.

Regards,
Stan

NBTHK

Brad - What do you mean "NBTHK is having problems with my sword"?
Are you hoping to get a Kanteisho (papers) for your Kanetane?
Note that even if you do get papers, NBTHK papers don't give many details.

Pete

kanetane - brad

stan sword went into july shinsa - 2 char, sig. {ubo } large deep bo-hi - suguha - its late koto { sorry no photo's } nbthk tells me to pick up sword can't give papers - no info on smith with 2 char.sig. - also they tell me mei is good - no problems there - get this,going to hold sword untill nov. shinsa and thta's a juyo shinsa - so they are passing the buck on up the line - brad

-

BRAD

kanetane - brad

july shinsa - no papers - not enough info on smith with 2 char.sig. { late koto } one hell of a blade - going to hold on to the blade and pass it onto the nov.shinsa { thats the juyo shinsa } i think they are working back ward and passing the buck up the line - suguha - loaded with ashi - chikei - etc - - bright very even nie , no week spots - blade has been away for almost 2 years so its been out of my mind - if the mei was not there you would be thinking juyo and they tell me mei is good*

-

BRAD

Brad, According to Nihonto

Brad,

According to Nihonto Meikan there were 4 Kanetane who signed with 2 characters during Koto period. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any examples of their works or any more information.

Regards,
Stan