Only 1 left

Thanks to all for your help with my other blades, this is the last one i am trying to find out about,

Tomoyuki

Hi again Peter,
This type of thing really should be under the "Nihonto" topic, instead of the "How-to".

The signature is "Bungo Kuni Tomoyuki".

Pete

Sorry Pete i know that but

Sorry Pete i know that but still not so sure on putting images on the right forum so put them on where i can,
Peter must try harder
Peter must try harder
Peter must try harder
thanks for the translation,

Nidai Tomoyuki

Hi Peter,

Purely judging by the signature alone, it resembles the style of Nidai Tomoyuki. You may find an example in Toko Taikan page 435. I compared it with the first generation Tomoyuki and there were more differences in the way the characters were done. However, there are still quite similar and it may be any of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd generations.

Maybe if you post pictures of the full length blade and full nakago, we may get more idea about the age.

Regards,
Stan

Thank you Stan i will try

Thank you Stan i will try that now,
Peter

Kanbun Shinto

Hi Peter,

Sugata looks like Kanbun Shinto, which again points to Nidai Tomoyuki.

Regards,
Stan

Nidia Tomoyuki

Thank you Stan, i will get another blade posted tomorrow for you and the members to view and help identify,
Peter

Hi Stan, i notice on the

Hi Stan,
i notice on the listing of the Tomoyuki smith his Active Period was 1661-1673 is this just in the Bungo province or is that the only information on swords made by this particular smith,
Peter

Active Period

Peter,

Active Period is a timeframe for smith's known and recorded works. In the majority of cases it would simply be equivalent to the period between the first year of his Start Era and the last year of End Era (because there isn't enough information to be more specific). In the case of Tomoyuki 2nd gen, he is listed in Kanbun era, which is 1661-1673.

Regards,
Stan

thanks Stan, peter

thanks Stan,
peter