NEED HELP WITH KATANA

I just bought a old katana and I want to polish it! Enclosed pls find pictures of this sword. I want to know if it is worth I spend more to polish it. Where I can find the polisher in united states. how much will charge for this and how long to finish it! If someone here knows good polisher and give me some advice will be very appreciate! Thanks!

AttachmentSize
image1_4.jpg96.3 KB
image8_1.jpg122.07 KB
image9.jpg120.44 KB
image2_3.jpg103.69 KB
image3_3.jpg121.43 KB
image4_3.jpg127.77 KB
image5_3.jpg122.4 KB
image6_2.jpg121.44 KB
image7_2.jpg80.37 KB

quick thoughts

Some quick thoughts:
The rust pitting and chipping looks fairly bad. In general, a polisher will need to "fix" those problems, and that means removing a LOT of metal.
It is signed Sukesada, which is a fairly common name for gimei blades. It would be good to have confidence that it is not gimei before spending money on a polish.
A polish is very expensive. I don't know any real prices, but I would expect more than $2000. Note that a new habaki and shira-saya are needed also.
There are only a couple of qualified polishers in the U.S. (I think). Do NOT use an amateur polisher.

Pete

Thanks for your opinions.I

Thanks for your opinions.I have confifence that it is good blade. I will try to find someone to save it!

Polish

It might be worth while having a polisher look at it, but I don't think a polish would remove the worst of the problems. There is only so much metal that can be removed. Spending that kind of money on a blade that would still have flaws might not be the wisest investment.